Friday 23 January 2015

30 goals for 2015





Fellow bloggers are sharing their 30 goals for the year, and I decided it would be a great idea for me to get motivated for the year.  I thought I was going to struggle writing down 30 goals for 2015, but this list came together kind of easily.  I added, changed and removed goals over the last week or so.  I happy with my list now and a few of the goals are things I think about often, so it's good to get it down in writing.

It's a goal list, a wish list, a to do list of sorts.  What ever you wish to call it, it's my list and something to look back on through out the year and hopefully cross off as I go.  If you wish to join in, choose the number which best works for you, it doesn't have to be 30.

  1. Make self-care a priority.... you know, colour hair more regularly, shave legs, wear make-up.
  2. More date nights with Mr H.  Once every whenever isn't good enough.
  3. Spend more one on one time with Bell.......before she stops wanting me.
  4. Keep giving our boys a simple, easy and carefree childhood.
  5. Learn to crochet.  Please crochet gods be kind, nothing fancy.  Just a simple square will do.
  6. Read, read, read books and more books.
  7. Early nights during the week, even night owls need to get to bed early sometimes.
  8. Exercise more often.....ahem.
  9. Use my diary and family calendar.  So I don't forget things.....ever.
  10. Complete my Handmade Adventure. Sew, sew, sew.
  11. Keeping growing and expanding our kitchen garden.
  12. Post off parcels for Birthdays and blog swaps well in advance (on time).
  13. Think more about op shop purchases.  Do I REALLY need it.
  14. Drink more water!
  15. Plan a family holiday.
  16. Watch and photograph a sunrise.
  17. Keep taking photos of the kids even though I'm not participating in this years 52 project.
  18. Write down grocery lists and meal plans.
  19. Spend less time online in the evenings - and limit online time while the kids are around.
  20. Be organised for Christmas.  I start out early, then stall.  No more Christmas Eve wrapping!
  21. THINK before I open my mouth.  I'm starting to sound like my mother.
  22. Let go of things I know I will never wear or use again.  Cull my wardrobe (baby clothes???)
  23. Save more. Spend less.
  24. Set things out and start school lunches the night before. Plan and be organised.
  25. Nurture friendships.
  26. Try a yoga class....I'm still not convinced.
  27. Learn Te Reo Maori.
  28. Update family photos around the house.
  29. Plan a wedding or at the very least look at setting a date.
  30. Keep blogging.  It is such a great creative outlet for me.

Have you made "a list" for the coming year?



18 comments:

  1. No lists for me but there are definitely points on yours that would go on mine! Planning your own wedding? Don't we all start sounding like our mothers?? I sometimes frighten myself because I think I am her. Yes, keep blogging, I like visiting. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading through your list. I can relate to many. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest this place for any event of under 100 people where you want an elegant atmosphere for a very reasonable price. The food at Las Vegas Weddings was delicious and the ambiance is elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really ambitious list Elaina, lots of different goals, all so positive, I look forward to following your plans throughout the year! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading other peoples lists, it's a reminder of a few things I should be aiming for. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has made me feel like maybe I should give this a go-on a much less ambitious level-although we have wedding planning here too! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great list, a few of those are on mine too. Good luck with your progress, I'd love to know how you're getting on. Have a lovely weekend T x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous list! I assumed that you were married, shows that you shouldn't make assumptions doesn't it! I hope that if you do decide to go ahead and plan the wedding that it goes really well - planning and the actual day - and that all of the other things work well for you too. Hopefully the crochet gods will be shining on you as it really is easy - if I can do it, so can you! All of the things on your list are so positive and purposeful and enjoyable too. Just thinking about these things and being aware of them is a great start! I hope you have a great year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had yoga on my goal list and was blessed to get a year's membership to a local yoga studio. I've taken advantage over the holidays to go daily and am stunned at the transformation it has made to my life already. My posture is improving, my breathing is settled, the anxiety and stress I often have has gone and I'm feeling so much more positive. I've discovered parts of my body that needed to be stretched and found strength I didn't know I had. I've done a real mix of classes to find the ones I like best and already can't imagine life without it. Do give it a go - and take the time to find a class and teacher who suits you best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this list - I might even do my own. I like how practical these are and how you will be able to reflect and keep them in front of you to remind you about it. :o) Very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are not only wonderful but they are inspiring! I can relate to all 30! Especially the bit about taking care of me a bit more! I know you can do this!! Hope you are well sweet friend! Have a great weekend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yoga is wonderful, energising.....I'm hoping I can do it again soon! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great list... I am afraid that if I go to make a list it would be a mile long and then I would be so unhappy I never finished it!! But maybe I should give it a try... Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a positive list. I like everything on it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab list. I learnt Te Reo years and years ago - I found it really easy. I use it at school quite a bit. Te Wananga O Aotearoa had good courses. Numbers 6/22/23 are things I am attempting to work on too - knitting through the stash fanatically at the moment and did not go wool sale shopping -a good start for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They all sound like great goals, we have a few in common :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great goals - especially the self care, as mums we do tend to neglect our selves a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...