Tuesday 27 August 2013

When I grow up I want to be.................



 
 
The other day Tom asked me what I want to be when I "growed up".
 
I love the way kids think.  I said I would like to be a Super Hero and we both laughed.  "You can't be a Super Hero.....your muscles are not big enough!'.
 
When I ask the same question he always comes back with the same answer........ a Fireman.  Never a Super Hero, train driver or racing car driver.  Things that he loves to play with and talk about on a daily basis.
 
Bell and I talk about the same subject.  For her it is either a teacher or dancer.  I tell her she will most likely change her mind a million times but to strive for what she wants and that it is ok to change your mind or take a different direction and most of all do what you want.
 
When I was growing up and obsessed with "The Sound of Music" I wanted to be a.........ahem......... a nun.  Then a teacher, super model, flight attendant, librarian and the list goes on.
 
My first job on leaving school was a dental assistant.  Not quite what I had in mind.  A series of other jobs followed well into my twenties.
 
I never had a set plan.  Did you?
 
What did you want to be when you grew up?
 
Have you taken a different direction or are you doing what you ALWAYS wanted to do?
 
Future All Black?
 
 
 
This photo was taken over the summer.  Batman top and cape over Pj's.....as you do.
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. hehe! That sounds exactly like my tow kids, my daughter wants to be a teacher/mum and my son wants to be a fireman and policeman! I never really had an idea of what I wanted to be..I feel more like a kid now with my dreams of being an artist...when I grow up thats what I want to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Adorable! It is so good to have these talks with your kiddos!!! Makes them dream and that is so important in life! I laughed when you said nun!!!! Have a great week Elaina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. {www.crazyspeedylove.com}
    So cute - I can't wait until my boys start running around on a field xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute :) I wanted to be a mum and a teacher... I can tick the mum box and hope to one day tick the teacher box x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I obviously haven't grown up yet - I still don't know what I want to be. At this point in time, I am loving being a stay at home mum who crafts, gardens and cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww <3 I always wanted to be a primary school teacher - then once I was one, I realised I hated it with a violent passion! That was a little problematic. Fortunately I used my lateral thinking & realised I do love teaching music, so started my wee business & you know how that turned out :D (my class here is FULL as of today! Full! I can't take any more kids!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Air hostess for me.....loved the uniform and so wanted to travel! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...