Friday 5 April 2013

Things I'm loving...........the granny cabinet

 
 



 







The "Granny Cabinet" is finished.  Bought for $20 from an op shop in town (original post here).

Thank you Mr H who ended up completing all of the sanding and polishing for me.  A Beeswax polish with lemon and orange oils blended through was used and it has restored the wood beautifully and smells lovely too.  It still has a few dings but that comes with old furniture and I think also adds to its character.  I am on the hunt for one more handle as there is one missing.  If I don't track one down I will change all of them, still keeping with the retro theme of course!  I have filled the bottom draws with my vintage and retro linens and aprons.

One thing I have realised after filling my cabinet and looking at these photos is that I perhaps have enough Crown Lynn cups and saucers.  I could host a rather large gathering with what I have here.

Thankfully now that it has been filled, George no longer finds the need to climb inside behind the glass doors.  He does like the fold down cupboard that now houses the teapots and he has left behind his sticky lip marks on the inside mirrored glass.......as to be expected.

So there you have it...........my granny cabinet.  So happy to have it and to show you the finished result.

Happy weekending!



"I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something you can be thankful for..no matter how simple it is."

Joining in here



23 comments:

  1. Great job restoring it, yep you could host a mighty fine tea party....can I come? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic CL collection, yes it is hard to stop collecting pieces especially when you can still find them cheap at op shops. Love your swans especially, I don't have one, as I'm not prepared to spend mega bucks on trade me for one!! Just found your lovely blog, and kicking myself for not finding it earlier due to that awesome Sunny Days giveaway! Nevertheless I'm following you from now on!! S:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its come up a treat!....love the shape and lines.....very granny chic. you have a great collection there, you might just need to keep your eye out for another cabinet! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks great! is that two cl swans?!! lucky! have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. just lovely. i love all the dishes and tea cups. very sweet
    :)

    -s.

    serioussarahblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute -that is just lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great :D. And I bet it smells pretty good too!

    Happy weekend,
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the China Cabinet - it's very different - great find! Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey lady!!! It looks so fantastic!!! You guys totally rocked this one out!! And I love all of your special pieces that are now on display! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh I am loving your Granny Cabinet too!! Stunning job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great all finished. Love that the glass means no dusting for the pretty crockery.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pair of swans! I really like the natural polished look too. Have a great weekend! Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! that cabinet came up a treat. Absolutely loving your Crown Lynn collection, one can never have too many teacups :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it looks lovely. And it looks like you have the exact same view as I do - a paddock full of grapevines:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome finished product! Great effort xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the 'granny cabinet' and love that I found you just now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving your Granny Cabinet as well, such a lovely collection!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, it's come up beautifully! You do have quite the collection there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks fabulous! And it shows off your vintage cups and saucers so perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Am loving the cabinet and its refurbishment. I've inherited a similar styled one from on of our previous tenants on the West Coast. Am trying to convince the other half to bring it over to CHCH so I can do it up. Until then, it sits languishing in a garage in Granity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow your cabinet looks glorious - almost as glorious as your amazing collection of fine crockery there. well done you

    ReplyDelete
  22. hello, i'm new around here , thought i'd stop by to say hey and then saw this!
    beautiful cabinet and amazing collection! i need a storage solution for some of my precious pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's an awesome cabinet! I love seeing a big collection like that.. such fun to fill up a cabinet! I got a 'new' one a few months ago - what joy and bliss!!
    Thanks for linking up - hope to see more of your collections!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...