Sunday 24 February 2013

Charlie

 
 
 
 
It has been a very emotional weekend in our house.  Our dog Charlie died.  He was hit by our car as we left the house Saturday morning.  He has always chased everyones cars as they left the house.  This particular morning we thought he was clear........
 
It has been very devasting for Bell.  Lots of extra TLC needed here this weekend.  I thought it would be Tom who would have difficulty with Charlie dying, but as children often do he has been a total surprise.  Hugging and kissing Charlie before we buried him and comforting Bell.  I wonder how he will be as the week goes on and Charlie is'nt around to play with.  He was so loyal and always stayed with the boys when they played outside.
 
We have buried Charlie by the vineyard fence.  He spent his days running around the vines and following the vineyard workers everywhere (even riding on the quad bikes with them).  He used to be out all day and then would come back in the afternoon to snooze in the sun.  What a life!
 
We love and miss you Charlie. xo

17 comments:

  1. Oh Elaina! What sad news... It's devastating as these little friends somehow become part of the family. Love to Bell.

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am so sorry to hear this news. Losing a loved dog is so devastating. sending virtual hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so, so sorry to hear this Elaina! How terrible! Charlie looked to be a real cutie. Hugs, Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there is any another domestic animal so loyal and faithful as a dog.
    Hope you all recover from the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear this. How awful. Hope everyone is holding up ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for you all Elaina, hope your littlies hold up, mine would be devastated. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear Elaina, just devastating to lose a beloved pet :-( Thinking of you. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Elsina I'm so sorry. I am heartbroken for your family. I will be thinking and praying for you all this weekend. We lost our pup and a framed photo in our home seemed to comfort us when we missed him. Praying for u guys. Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Elaina, I'm so sorry hun, give the kids a big hug for me. Hope your ok, I know what it's like to loss a pet. Love to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Elaina, I'm so sorry. Lots of cuddles for your kids. I hope you are all ok x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweetheart, I'm so sorry, sending a big hug to you and your family :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that's awful. So sorry for your loss. They become such a part of the family xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how awful. I am so sorry. Losing a pet is just horrible. I hope you and your family are coping ok.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heart-wrenching :( hope you are all doing ok... Our family would be seriously depleted without our pets

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry for your family.This happened to my sister's cat, being Lily's sister she was once our cat,so I feel your pain. Heartbreaking!Hope the tears lessen as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry to hear this. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...