Wednesday 31 October 2012

I've been tagged!

Bunting in our playroom.


Lovely Ada Bea from Vintage Sheet Addict tagged me a few weeks ago in a post.

It's a fun way of getting to know more about our fellow bloggers!


The Rules:

Each tagged person must post 11 random facts about themselves.

Answer the 11 questions set by previous blogger.

Create 11 more questions.

Tag 11 more blogs, with less than 200 followers.

Inform the blogs they've been tagged!



I'm going to cheat a bit and post the 11 random facts, answer the 11 questions below and set 11 questions.  Any lovely bloggers who read this and wish to take part please do!

It's a long post but really fun to do once you get going - promise!


11 Random Facts
  1. I'm mad about bunting - would have it all over the house if I could.  I even plan on hanging some from the chook house!
  2. I love crockery especially teapots.
  3. I will eat anything EXCEPT oysters - yuck!
  4. I always cry during wedding ceremonies.
  5. My first job on leaving school was as a dental assistant.
  6. I'm one of six children.
  7. I like things tidy and have an obsessive habit of needing to "straighten" things all the time (I'm really annoying to play Scrabble with).
  8. I love the beach but am never overly keen on swimming in the water thanks to watching the Jaws films as a teen.
  9. I like going on Ghost walks - I was in heaven when living in London.  They are everywhere.
  10. I dream of owning a retro caravan.
  11. I am a recovering Handbagaholic.

Vintage Sheet Addicts 11 Questions

What's on your bedside table?

Photo of Mr H and I that was taken at a Black tie work function. A few magazines (parenting ones) and a couple of books: Finding Frankie by Maeve Binchy and The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes (I love my Irish authors).


What's on the top of your wardrobe?
 
Most of Mr H's shoes - he has more than I do.  And being the organisational freak that I am - I have them all in clear plastic shoe boxes so they stack neatly and he can see whats in them!



Happiest memory?

Growing up - summer days spent at Milford beach.  Ice cream on the way home and then a race from the car to the bathroom to get the first hot shower. Bliss.



Favourite toy as a child, or adult?

My blue denim bike I got for christmas when I was five.  Most girls wanted a pink bike.  I just hoped Santa would read my letter correctly - it MUST be blue please...........

Now as an adult, blue is still my favourite colour and I would really love one like this but with a wicker basket..........please.

Your perfect holiday destination?

We had a holiday in Brisbane in May this year for my sister's wedding - and would love to go back again.  It was a perfect mix of sun and city life for us as a family.  We loved Southbank and the buzz of the city and shopping that we don't get here in our small town.



Spring or Autumn?

Spring!



What's your moto, number one rule, you live your life by!

No regrets!

If you had a time machine, what year would you like to land in?

Paris in the 1920s to see Josephine Baker perform.



Roast dinner or fish and chips?

A pub roast dinner in our favourite London pub - The Red Lion.  It was just around the corner from our flat in Teddington.  We loved going there for Sunday lunch.




What makes you 'belly laugh'?

Mr H dancing.  My daughter Bellarose and her cousin entertaining us with a "show" and the boys trying to join in by copying their hip hop moves.  And I reluctantly type this but I love a "rude joke"...........

Favourite outfit, past or present?

My 1950's inspired red dress - worn with gorgeous red silk shoes.  I wore it to a work Christmas party when we lived in London.  It was a black tie event - such a fun night.

 
 
 
And finally my 11 questions:
  1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
  2. If you could live in any other country - where would it be and why?
  3. What's in your handbag (just being nosey really)?
  4. Which famous person would you invite for dinner and what would you serve?
  5. Favourite holiday destination?
  6. Tea or coffee?
  7. Favourite childhood memory?
  8. What are you reading at the moment?
  9. Dream job?
  10. Do you prefer town or country?
  11. If you had a time machine, what year would you land in (I like this question)?

 
 
Phew!  All done.  Hope you are having a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Good to find out a bit more about you! I'd like that bike too! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...