Monday 17 September 2012

The best chocolate mud cake ever!

Mr H and I baked this chocolate mud cake together and it is by far the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten.

The recipe is from Donna Hay's Simple Essentials - Chocolate cook book.

I'm very keen to make the chocolate and raspberry brownies next.

Do you have a favourite chocolate cake recipe?

Recipe below!






Ingredients

375g butter, softened
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
2 cups plain (all purpose) flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup cocoa powder, double sifted
200g dark chocolate, melted
3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 160 degrees.

Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture is light and creamy.

Gradually add the eggs and beat well.

Fold through the flour, baking powder, cocoa and melted chocolate and stir in the milk.

Spoon the mixture into a 22cm round cake tin lined with non-stick paper and bake for 1 1/4 hours or until cooked when tested with a skewer.

Cool in the tin.

To serve, dust with cocoa and serve with cream.  Serves 10.

Enjoy!!!

We don't have an electric mixer, so did the mixing by hand.  Just took a bit longer - and the result I'm sure was the same as it was amazing.




2 comments:

  1. My favorite chocolate cake is a Devil's food cake. I cut the recipe out of the newspaper many many years ago. Occasionally I try a new chocolate cake recipe but i'm disappointed and return to the old faithful one. Yours looks goood. I might have to try it out. I do like a Donna hay recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna Hay is great - funny how everyone has an "old faithful" chocolate cake recipe -)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...